Page last updated Tuesday 12 January 2021
Marden Senior College remains open and operating as usual. The Department for Education and SA Health will inform anyone who needs to self-isolate due to ongoing contact tracing.
Appropriate practices have been employed at the college to provide a safe working environment for students and school staff. Like other workplaces, the following advice applies.
Stay home if you’re sick
It’s important that students and staff who are unwell stay at home and recover to avoid the spread of illnesses (not just COVID-19). Now is not the time to soldier on. People are also advised to get tested if they have symptoms (even if mild).
If a student becomes unwell with flu-like symptoms while at school, their parents/carers will be contacted immediately, and infection control practices will be enacted.
Follow self isolation and quarantine directions
South Australia has clear directions in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 that may require people to self-isolate or self-quarantine. For updates and the latest advice go to covid-19.sa.gov.au.
- People arriving from overseas or high risk interstate areas are often required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- People in South Australia are required to self-isolate if they:
- are waiting for their COVID-19 test result
- have been advised by SA Health that they are a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case
- have tested positive for COVID-19
Maintain physical distancing
Adopting practical physical distancing measures by keeping 1.5 metres distance from others wherever, and whenever possible. Avoid hugging and kissing and swap handshakes for a wave.
Practise good hygiene
Practising good hygiene is the first step in preventing the spread of disease. All students and staff should:
- Wash their hands regularly using soap, particularly after using the toilet and before eating. Use alcohol based hand sanitisers, available on site, as an alternative.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue or arm.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
To make school as safe as possible increased daily site cleaning in place and adequate supplies of soap, hand sanitiser, tissues and surface wipes are available.