This course is designed for students to create mini visual productions using still and video cameras, sound recorders and a range of audio and video editing software.
Students study Media Production through key concepts:
- shooting – camera shots, close up to establishing
- sound – boom and wireless
- lighting – studio and outdoor
- camera – investigations of iPhone to red digital
- editing – Adobe Premier Pro, After effects
- film making – greenscreen.
Students will create a short movie and investigate scripting, storyboarding, the technology of film making and different styles of film.
30% – Product
30% – Investigation
40% – Skills Assessment
No background knowledge required although an interest in computers would be an advantage.
This subject can lead to any SACE Stage 2 Visual Arts or Creative Arts course or Stage 2 Media Studies or TAFE Creative Industries – Digital Media, TAFE Visual Art, Flinders University Degree in Creative Arts.