Rights and Responsibilities
Everyone in the Marden Senior College community has the right to work and study in a safe, inclusive environment free from harassment and bullying.
This right is accompanied by the responsibility to develop and maintain respectful working relationships and to ensure that personal behaviour does not interfere with the learning or safety rights of others.
It is expected that all students will contribute responsibly to maintaining a positive learning environment while at Marden Senior College.
These expectations are consistent with Department for Education policies, government legislation and general community standards.
The College will implement a range of sanctions, including disenrolment from the College, in response to any student behaviour which is not in keeping with these expectations.
Expectations of Students
Marden Senior College provides an adult learning environment that promotes and expects purposeful and responsible student participation and behaviour. To ensure that learning programs and activities at Marden Senior College are conducted effectively, the following specific conditions of enrolment apply to all students.
- Punctuality and attendance at all scheduled lessons and other required activities unless alternative arrangements have been made with teachers.
- Inform the College of absences from lessons and any changes to personal contact details.
- Responsible for the management of non-scheduled lessons.
- Respond appropriately to communication from the College, e.g. letters, telephone calls, text messages and emails.
- Commit to maintaining a safe and inclusive learning environment that is free from harassment and bullying.
- Courteous and respectful communication with others.
- Compliance with staff and College instructions and expectations.
- Effective participation in courses and meeting subject requirements.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices to be used in class through negotiation with staff.
- Alcohol and/or other drugs are not allowed at the College nor is attendance while adversely affected by these.
- Smoking is not permitted on the site or in the near vicinity of the College.
- Responsible use of College facilities, loan materials and resources.
- The College will share information about student progress with parents/caregivers,
for dependent students under 18 years of age and others, where permission has been given.